account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Android 9 Pie Sound Issue

SOLVED
Message 11 of 69
Message 11 of 69

Re: Android 9 Pie Sound Issue

Hi everyone @KouheiTD @Acethedrummer89 @Devversss @Thariq_m @Denisvbs

I will escalate this and try to get an answer!

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Rookie
Message 12 of 69
Message 12 of 69

i also facing same issue. Today more worst, either ear piece no sound or handphone no sound. 
Make call got sound, play music no sound... have to restart. The music got sound on ear piece, unplug ear piece phone no more sound... 

I am going to say "Hi Samsung" if this bugs havent fix before christmas...

Learner
Message 13 of 69
Message 13 of 69

My phone updated to 47.2.A.4.41 this morning and the sound issue I've had for a month was finally fixed, not sure if it's only me. Can anyone else confirm if the update worked for them too?

Nvm it was fixed for a few days but after I had to restart the phone due to wifi issues, bottom speaker problem started again so I guess it's not fixed yet.

One time poster
Message 14 of 69
Message 14 of 69

Hi guys,

any update to this, i am also experiencing this, i had noticed the change for a week now.

If you have a solution, kindly repond. Thanks

Rookie
Message 15 of 69
Message 15 of 69

have you called with speaker phone?

I have all that issue, but only it makes under speaker operate. awesome bug.

One time poster
Message 16 of 69
Message 16 of 69

low ringtone volume

From one of the recent updates now when my phone rings the volume goes from high to low after a second and it is annoying because it is kind of silent.I only get this when I use music for a ringtone. I checked the settings and it is set to max volume but it still goes down by half when it rings. If this sis some protection against the ringing being too loud I want to disable it. 

Pioneer
Message 17 of 69
Message 17 of 69

Re: low ringtone volume

Hi @Krishub;

Don't know of any setting that can cause it, try restarting the phone in safe mode to see if it is a third party app that is causing it.

Learner
Message 18 of 69
Message 18 of 69

Bottom speaker too low

Bottom speaker sometimes too low while playing media and needs to restart the device. Please fix it in the next pie software update

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 19 of 69
Message 19 of 69

Hello everyone and I'm very sorry to hear about the behaviour that everyone has been experiencing since updating to Android Pie.

You might experience that the sound from the main (lower) loudspeaker is poor after updating your device to Android 9.0. In this case you should install an upcoming, later software version to check if the behaviour persists.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 20 of 69
Message 20 of 69

In my case, the upper speaker was very low and bad. I've made repairs twice and I was not successful. I wanted Android 8 back because it did not have these problems.