account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Adabtive brightness/Battery/ XZ Premium Android 8

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 25
Message 1 of 25

Adabtive brightness/Battery/ XZ Premium Android 8

Hi

I have Xperia XZ premium

I upgraded to Android 8 last week,(Build Number: 47.1.A.3.254)

My Wi-Fi is being disconnected repeatedly in youtube,Online games and every app that wants a huge internet traffic

----------------------------------

adabtiveSensor has become very sensitive, which is annoying

----------------------------------

Battery consumption is higher than before(mostly Phone idle)

If others have the same problem please share with me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Message 3 of 25
Message 3 of 25

Re: WI-FI issue/Adabtive brightness/Battery/ XZ Premium Android 8

@Trane

I'd suggest that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Don't forget to backup using Xperia Companion, but preferably without adding apps or settings to the backup.

Follow the steps given in blue links, and keep us updated.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

24 REPLIES 24
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 25
Message 2 of 25

Whats the solution?!! Does anyone know?? :-/

Highlighted
Message 3 of 25
Message 3 of 25

@Trane

I'd suggest that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Don't forget to backup using Xperia Companion, but preferably without adding apps or settings to the backup.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 4 of 25
Message 4 of 25

@Quester wrote:

@Trane

nothing works above. really disappointed with sony.   my last hope sony fix all in coming update. 

Message 5 of 25
Message 5 of 25

@Trane wrote:

Whats the solution?!! Does anyone know?? :-/

no solution. wait  hope that  sony will release a working update. 

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 25
Message 6 of 25

Thanks

But i did it and there was no change

Although, wi fi disconnecting improves

But i have this problems 

Message 7 of 25
Message 7 of 25

@Trane

Adaptive brightness is a known bug in this Oreo update and hopefully will be fixed in future updates, but your battery like and WiFi should improve after performing the repair process.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 25
Message 8 of 25

Yes im waiting for it

If they dont care about this problem for their flagship! I will change my brand

I love sony...

But im hesitant about it....

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 25
Message 9 of 25

@Quester wrote:

@Trane

Adaptive brightness is a known bug in this Oreo update and hopefully will be fixed in future updates, but your battery like and WiFi should improve after performing the repair process.

Dear Quester

I'm glad to hear that about adabtive brightness 

In the case of battery, many people have been dissatisfied with the poor performance of the battery after update

Message 10 of 25
Message 10 of 25

@Trane

My phone has mostly double the battery life after the update, but still, it depends on your usage and apps installed. If you notice excessive drain after installing your apps, take a screenshot of your battery usage graph and post it here.