account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

flashing red light while charging

Apprentice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

flashing red light while charging

My xperia xa2 will not take any charge but shows a battery icon occasionally and turns on eventually. While charging its shown a flashing red led every second. This all started happening after I dropped it onto a soft surface, this could be a dislocated battery.

Thank you, Aidan Hathaway

6 REPLIES 6
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: flashing red light while charging

Hi @Geofflinkinpark, sorry to hear about this.

Have you been able to test different chargers in order to see if the charging works better with another charger? Also, if the battery is drained, it may take up to 30 minutes for your device to respond to the charging. During this time, the screen may remain completely dark, not showing the charging icon. Also note that it can take up to 4 hours for a completely drained battery to charge fully.

If this do not work, it might be a good idea to get in contact with your local support team in order to have the phone sent to an authorized service center for examination and repair. If you have any questions regarding the service, such as routines, warranty and consumer laws, these type of questions are best answered by your local support team as well, as they vary between markets.

Let me know how it goes! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I have tried third party and other flagshipcompany's chargers, it didn't work. Thank you for the help

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Thank you @Geofflinkinpark for your quick reply!

In that case, I am afraid that the only thing left to do is to get in contact with your local support team have the phone sent to the service center.

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I also forgot to mention that when the phone eventually does turn on a triangle shape with a spanner and a screwdriver crossing shows up. Does this mean that I need to send the phone to sony to get it fixed? Also since replying ive gotten a magnetic charger and the same light flashing occurs.

Thank you

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

after the phone turned on I tried to record a 4k video and only the hdr option was available

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi again @Geofflinkinpark.

As I mentioned before, my suggestion is to get in contact with your local support team. This due to the face that a software repair requires that the phone has at least 50% charging level.

I hope that answered your question!