account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia XA2 ram management issue

Visitor
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Xperia XA2 ram management issue

I am considering purchase Xperia XA2 which seems like very nice phone. However I have noticed that some people experience RAM management issues with this phone.

As shown in following video (that's not only one):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmor0fg0cmU&t=45s

When the apps are open and closed, the phone is not able to keep almost any app in the RAM. So when you re-open the apps again they are imidiately restarted. It means that phone can't essentialy multitask, this will be anoying especially with the games. I don't know if this happens just for some phones or it's problem for every Xperia XA2. 

Please let me know.

Thank you 

Sony Xperia L2 vs XA2 Speed Test! Some weird results in this one.
8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Xperia XA2 ram management issue

@Mike781

This will happen with any Android, that's how it (android) free up RAM, if you have heavy apps running and other apps/services in the background, this will happen. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Thank you uliwooly for reply.

Your comment is probably true but for this particular phone (XA2) it seems that RAM optimization is even worst than for other android phones with even smaller RAM. 

Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

@Mike781

my suggestion is to test it at your local store if possible, why? well, this is a support forum, which most of the comments will be from users that are experiencing issues not all users, or users w/o problems will post here. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

works fine for me

One time poster
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

It's absolutely horrible.  I can't seem to multitask with any app.  Even if I only have one app running (with all RAM- and battery-saving features turned off) and lock the screen, it'll quickly stop running, needing to fully reload upon unlock.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

I think something is wrong with your phone - I have two XA2's and both work fast and seemlessly switch between apps - there is no issue with either of them. Try booting in safe mode to see if it is being caused by an app you downloaded?

Many thanks

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Mine behaves the same as the youtube vid, as in apps will restart rather than resume. Doesn't affect me in the slightest though.

Is there a faulty batch or do they all do it then? 

One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

I have the same ptoblem and it's very frustrating . Has anyone found a solution .