account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia XA2 h3113 USB Via Laptop charging.

Commissioner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Xperia XA2 h3113 USB Via Laptop charging.

Unable to charge phone using cable from laptop to phone, it says charging but the battery % never increases and decreases instead. 

I know I can use the wall charger but strange how this laptop method has stopped working. 

2 REPLIES 2
Regular
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Xperia XA2 h3113 USB Via Laptop charging.

When connected to laptop, is it in file transfer mode, or in charging mode? File transfer + full screen brightness may be enough to prevent charging. Are you using usb 2.0/3.0 to type c cable, or type c to type c?

Commissioner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Xperia XA2 h3113 USB Via Laptop charging.

@igkn wrote:

When connected to laptop, is it in file transfer mode, or in charging mode? File transfer + full screen brightness may be enough to prevent charging. Are you using usb 2.0/3.0 to type c cable, or type c to type c?

I tried both file transfer mode and charging mode only, its an oldish laptop with Windows 7 and I don't think it's even USB2 although it could be, the phone uses the C cable.

But yes, I do think what you kindly said in your reply is correct, also it is actually charging albeit slow.