account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

XA2 FM radio with annoying pause

One time poster
Message 1 of 26
Message 1 of 26

XA2 FM radio with annoying pause

listening to the XA2 FM radio, it keeps coming up with short Annoying pauses.

Is that got to do with bad reception?

It never happen to my other phones 

HELP PLEASESlightly smiling Face

25 REPLIES 25
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 26
Message 2 of 26

Re: XA2 FM radio with annoying pause

Same issue here, h4113,

Matteo

Learner
Message 3 of 26
Message 3 of 26

Same problem here, 

even a lot of interfereces, comparing to my old sony elm fm radio this one is unusable.

I'm wondering how sony as excellent audio company can afford this!!!

Emperor
Message 4 of 26
Message 4 of 26

@XA2RADIO @zlica-dan @Matcor

which Android version and build number is your phone running on ? 

have you tested different headphones?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 5 of 26
Message 5 of 26

Android 8.0.0

kernel 4.4.78-perf+

working ver. 50.1.A.5.59

Hope this are numbers You ask.

tested with origial Sony headphones that comes with my phone,

and one iphone older model headphones. result is the same

interrupts , periodicaly about 5 sec is silence 

noise reception very sensitive to the position of the phone

Apprentice
Message 6 of 26
Message 6 of 26

Hello,

concerning the Matcor post, the android version is the latest 50.1.A.5.59 and yes, I tried with more than a headphone: the one coming with the phone and a second sony headphone bought separately.

Thanks,

Matteo

Apprentice
Message 7 of 26
Message 7 of 26

Hello, I keep having this problem (still not received the June update, yet).

I just propose an hypotesis in case anyone is working on this problem.

Is there the possibility that the pause is linked to the attempt to find a new fm band with a stronger signal?

I am not completely sure that this is happening all the times, but at least twice I noticed that after a while the radio app had changed the frequency in the attempt to obtain a better signal. Is there the possibility that the pauses are linked to these attempts to find a better fm band?

Thanks,

Matteo

Apprentice
Message 8 of 26
Message 8 of 26

Hello,

I made some more tests and these are the outcomes (actually I still haven't received the June update, which is not available even using the pc):

1) The pauses happens rougly in the same locations (this means that they are related to the quality of the signal).

2) I confirm that they are likely related to the way the RDS is implemented. When the signal is too low the RDS starts to search for a new frequency and the radio is paused until this process is ended. Some times this leads to a change of frequency, most of the times the frequency remains the previos one. Usually the new frequency is not much better and this leads to the repetition of the attempt, consequently I often experience a "train" of pauses.

3) if the frequency is not associated to the RDS function there are no pauses and the quality of the signal simply deteriorates without stopping.

4) I tryed to play with the settings, no way to switch off the RDS attempt to find a better frequency. I tryed to switch from the "Automatic" to the "Italian/thailandia" frequency settings, but there is no improvement.

I think that at least sony could include the possibilility to stop the automatic attempt to change the frequency in the settings. This should be quite straightforward.

Thanks,

Matteo

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 26
Message 9 of 26

I have the same problem, my contry is Portugal

i buy this phone because use Rádio fm, my old phone is xperia z5 compact and the radio Fm is all right

Plz sony, fix the Stop and brecks to use rádio Fm...

Visitor
Message 10 of 26
Message 10 of 26

Hola . Tengo el mismo problema en mi terminal, parece ser que es bastante común en el xperia xa2 y con poca solución. He escrito un mail a Sony pidiendo una solución  Nunca me había pasado con otros terminales