account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Wifi arrows keep appearing and dissapearing. They are so annoying!

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Wifi arrows keep appearing and dissapearing. They are so annoying!

Hi I've looked around but only seen topics from years ago. 

The wifi arrows appear and dissappear constantly. It's so annoying as it moves other icons back and forward. I'd like to have them just stay on the bar. Is there a solution to this?

Im using a Sony Xperia xa2. 

Thankyou

2 REPLIES 2
Visitor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Wifi arrows keep appearing and dissapearing. They are so annoying!

I agree - this can be distracting. I'm not sure if anyone needs to know specifically when the wifi is transmitting or receiving, but pushing all the other icons every time the arrow shows up was a bad design. I looked through all settings, and unfortunately I don't think there's a way to disable it.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Wifi arrows keep appearing and dissapearing. They are so annoying!

It's by design. That's the first time when I heard about the data transmission indicator as being annoying. I mean, I don't have any feeling about that and somehow it can't be related with my eyes comfort as an interactive element.