account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

WiFi Calling in Airplane Mode

Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

WiFi Calling in Airplane Mode

Does WiFi calling work when the phone is in airplane mode with wifi on?   Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
Adept
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: WiFi Calling in Airplane Mode

Hi,

Yes Wifi calling works in airplane mode. Its very useful for me as it means that the battery life increases on my device to 4 or 5 days depending on usage! 

Hope that helps

Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi annoimush,

Thanks for the information.

In my case,   Wifi calling is not working in airplane mode with wifi on.   I am not sure if it is caused by the recent patch update or blocked by the mobile network operator.    I remembered it worked fine when I bought the phone weeks ago.

Let me check with Sony Support and mobile network operator.  

Thanks again.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

Ok thats interesting to know - which network operator are you on? 

It might sound stupid... but you are enabling your wifi after putting airplane mode on?

Learner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I can turn on wifi after airplane mode is on,  but only no wifi calling.   

Anyway,  let me call the customer service to see what goes wrong.

Thanks.