account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Why there is no Dark UI Mode on XA2 with Pie update?

Apprentice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Why there is no Dark UI Mode on XA2 with Pie update?

Why there is no Dark UI Mode on XA2? I would like to see it really. In developer options there is one switch in "feature flags" which enables option for changing UI theme but it's not working Slightly frowning Face

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why there is no Dark UI Mode on XA2 with Pie update?

@JanQu 

It has been answered

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ3/Android-9-Dark-Mode/m-p/1351113?collapse_discussion=true&q...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why there is no Dark UI Mode on XA2 with Pie update?

Hi @JanQu!

Currently, Xperia devices running Android Pie do not support Dark mode. We cannot comment on plans to implement Dark mode in the future. However, individual third-party apps can still support Dark mode.

I'll make sure to forward your feedback regarding Dark Mode in Android Pie, but I can't promise that there will be a change.

I hope that answers your question!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.