account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Volume keys don't work with ringing volume in Xperia XA2

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Volume keys don't work with ringing volume in Xperia XA2

Hello! How do I set the volume keys to control the ringing volume again when only pressing them in usual background on SONY XPERIA XA2? Now, the volume keys, when pressed in ordinary use, set the volume of my media. This is happening since the last two system updates. Before that the volume keys controled the ringing volume of my phone. It was fine before, since it was very confortable for me to "keep it down" in a meeting or at night, when I received a call or message. Now I only get the option to set the ringer to vibrate, or go all the way back to sound menu. It was better before, I don't need the keys to set the general volume for media, they did that automatikaly when in app

1 REPLY 1
Apprentice
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Volume keys don't work with ringing volume in Xperia XA2

That feature has google changed in android Pie. So it is not Sony's fault, blame google.

As for workaround I don't know, maybe some app from play store can do it.