account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Update to 50.2.A.0.379

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Update to 50.2.A.0.379

Hello

I recibe the update today, but not is a 352 but is a 379, am from Portugal

This is a new update? Am in android 8.1

What is new in this update 379, it's a different to the 352?

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Update to 50.2.A.0.379

Mine got updated to 379 and it has brought pie to my xa2 

Adviser
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Different sources on the net says that it includes patches from Android's Security Bulletin for May (352 included patches from the bulletin for February).

See this link for the May bulletin:

https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2019-05-01

(It would help if Sony was just a bit more open with changes in their updates.)

Learner
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

1. WiFi 5Ghz not detecting..

2. WiFi WPS  Push Button not available.

3. WPS Push Entry not available.

4. Camera picture quality not Good.

I hope Xperia will release immediately an Update to fix the issue on PIE (9.0)

Adviser
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

@noble6 wrote:

Mine got updated to 379 and it has brought pie to my xa2 

Got a notification about system update. Will I update? With this track-record from Sony Mobile for XA2 ... ehm, no thanks, thank you. Face with rolling Eyes

They have a bucket list, I imagine, longer than on day one. In a couple of weeks, hopefully, there will be a June update, since the premium phones started to receive the June security patch during last week. It might take a couple of updates until they are back as they were before Pie. And still, that won't change the look of Android Pie.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

To be honest - I've had no issues with the update. Only issues i have had have been caused by me being too restrictive with the settings of key apps! Personally i prefer android pie compared to oreo. 

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

I have had no problem with with the 379 update the only thing I can see what is different to android pie on say the Xperia 10 and 1 is there is no option to change to the little pill thing in the navigation bar otherwise its running perfectly 

Adviser
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Thank you for your feedback. Of course, I'm well aware that in all types of forums you will typically see posts from people having problems with a device that they would like to solve; that isn't the whole picture. It isn't helped by the fact that forums such as this often see "one time posters" that give little or no information about what they have experienced and tried. No info about model (H3113, H4113 etc.), amount of free space, RAM, settings they may have changed etc.

As for Android Pie, of course, we are all different and use different things, some may not even notice some changes, or if they do it is not as important as having the latest OS version. In Android 8.x there were drop down menus to several icons in the Navigation bar/Notification bar (whatever they want to call the menu that almost isn't mentioned that can be found under the Status bar and above any notifications). Drop down menus for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc. Gone in Pie.

Together with for example the changes to the volume control you now have to go to the full Settings more often than before.

Regarding the volume control sources on the net say: "In early August, Google deferred the issue for consideration in a future release. Yesterday, they finally marked the issue as fixed and said it will become available in a future Android release."

https://www.xda-developers.com/android-pie-ringer-noise-fixed/

So, a future Android release; should that be interpreted as a major version, can we expect to see it in Q or R ... and how will that help someone that has bought a middle segment phone, such as XA2, that only sees a "one letter upgrade", i.e. from Android 8 to 9?

As for other experiences after an major upgrade, such as performance, I'm open minded and it could be that it takes some time before the OS is optimised, similar to that you usually see slightly better battery performance after some time, not directly the first few days.

Apprentice
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Visitor
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Updated via Sony OSX software via USB, it's now stuck on "Phone is starting one two three".

The software wants me to unlock the device however no interface exists to do that.

This Sony issued update has bricked my phone

Q. How do I progress from here ?

Regards

Mike