account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

The software XA2 is not updated to Android 9.0. Why?

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 21
Message 11 of 21

Re: The software XA2 is not updated to Android 9.0. Why?

I should say I meant security updates for older phones in point 1, my xa2 is on security update 1st December 2018, 5 months ago have not had any update since then no pie or security 

Inhabitant
Message 12 of 21
Message 12 of 21

Portugal not pie to 

Regular
Message 13 of 21
Message 13 of 21

No, you're wrong. Upgrade to version 9 was available in early spring. I also downloaded it and worked on it for a while. But later I needed to restore the phone, after which the software returned to version 8. And my friend, who is also Sony XA2, continues to work on version Android 9.

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 21
Message 14 of 21

I know you updated to pie(352)then tried to restore your phone it went back to oreo(123) I just cannot understand why it did not go back pie and why they have stopped the roll out of pie for the rest of the xa2 which are still waiting for it

Regular
Message 15 of 21
Message 15 of 21

I was told that if I was doing a recovery via PC Suite, and at that time the new version was closed for updating, the phone was updated to the last one opened Oreo.

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 21
Message 16 of 21

I know there is a new version of Sony companion mine was 2.4 its now 2.5.2.0 I don't know if yours is the same 

Regular
Message 17 of 21
Message 17 of 21

Yes, I also have version 2.5.2.0. But the version of the application for communication with a computer does not affect the software version on the phone.

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 21
Message 18 of 21

OK I just wondered as the companion version 2.4 came with the oreo 123 as it was a new version 2.5 I thought it may show 352 pie when you tried to use it hope you get it sorted out in near future 

Regular
Message 19 of 21
Message 19 of 21

This is just incredible! Today we received a notification that new software is available! Hooray! Android 9 Pie now with me!

Learner
Message 20 of 21
Message 20 of 21

I'm in USA have model XA2 H3123 I haven't seen 9 maybe tomorrow morning