account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

The software XA2 is not updated to Android 9.0. Why?

SOLVED
Regular
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

The software XA2 is not updated to Android 9.0. Why?

Good day. I have the following problem. In March of this year, my XA2 updated to Android 9.0. After some time I needed to perform a system reset and restore via PC Suite. The software has returned to the version of Android 8 and more offers to update it does not come. Has anyone encountered such a problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

Re: The software XA2 is not updated to Android 9.0. Why?

Be interesting to see what Sony support says about that or if they reply at all 

20 REPLIES 20
Emperor
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

@AlekseyV 

that's highly unlikely, I think the only time I've seen that was when they released an update and they found major issues so it was pulled until a bug free version was approved and re-released.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

You want to say that the update is now unavailable due to the fact that there are errors in it? And will it be available again when they are fixed? 

Emperor
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

@AlekseyV 

I'm saying that the only time I've seen what you've described is in that specific situation, I'm not sure about your issue, have you checked here:

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

As far as I can see looking at xpericheck.com the last pie update version ending in 352 for the xa2 was  1 month ago since then nothing wether there was a problem with the update I don't know, but they seemed to have stopped it completely even the security update has stopped making me wonder if they are going to leave some xa2 on oreo 

Regular
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

Yes, I checked here. I also wrote to Sony's support service, but there, checking the IMEI phone number, they said that I have Android 9 installed. But I see that it is Android 8 in the tinctures of the phone. I sent a screen print screen to the support service.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

Be interesting to see what Sony support says about that or if they reply at all 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

The support service has answered the standard with mouth phrases. Expect. As soon as the software is ready for download, you will receive a notification. I myself know that. And when will it be ready? They could not answer this question ... I think that I will get my next phone from a good Korean or Chinese manufacturer.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

Don't blame you what annoyes me that 

1-they are updating phones that are 2 years old before phones which are 1 year to 3 months old

2-if the pie update(352) is no good for the xa2 I wish SONY or someone would let us know that they have stopped the updates and security patches for the the phone instead of the complete silence 

Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

The only phones older than XA2 receiving earlier the Pie update are the premium ones. And it is normal, they cost almost 1000 USD at launch