account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Static/crackling sound behind all audio?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Static/crackling sound behind all audio?

Hi, 

I recently got a new phone - a moto G6 - and right from the get go, all audio had static behind it. It's not noticable on a high volume but I listen to youtube videos to help me sleep and I have them on very quietly. Some of these sound so distorted with the static behind them that I can't even understand words in the audio. I didn't like the phone anyway aside from this issue so I took it back, obviously thinking the static issue was due to that phone. I now have a Sony Xperia XA2 (which is why I'm here) and I'm having exactly the same issue. It makes the static noise during any audio at all, including when starting up the phone, playing videos, music, sounds in games etc. It does this with or without headphones. I have no memory card in the phone. It never did this on my old phone so I have no idea why I'm suddenly having this happen! The only similarities are similar amounts on storage (about 77%) and the same apps (but I had those same apps on the phone before these two, which never had any audio problems). 

I'm stumped as I can see no connection between the new Moto phone I had and the Sony I have now. This obviously suggests it's not a hardware issue as it doesn't seem to matter which phone I have. I'm going crazy with it!

Any insight or advice?