account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Speaker turns of after 6 seconds

Highlighted
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Speaker turns of after 6 seconds

When I play videos or songs, the loudspeaker plays for six or less seconds, then it mutes.

I don't find the fix anywhere. 

I just bought the XA2. 

Please help. 

6 REPLIES 6
Adept
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Speaker turns of after 6 seconds

Ive not heard of this issue - is it all up to date with the software?

Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

The software supposed to be up to date. 

Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi, 

WHat software should be checked? 

Adept
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Check the operating system software. The latest udate is 50.1.A.13.83 with September 1st 2018 security patch. To do this go to settings -> system -> software update -> system

Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Thank you for your suggestion.  The version of the system is the same you mentioned.  The problem continues.

I have noticed that the speaker turns off, as if it is protecting something, or the volume or the energy consumed. 

For examole, some videos play and sound correctly; however, when I repeat the same video, it will play correctly until I raise the volume.

Other videos don't even have sound.

It happens in every app, Instagram, messages WhatsApp, Twitter, email, etc.. 

I hope this can bring more ideas to you.

Thanks 

Adept
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi There,

Here are my suggestions for things to try:

The first suggestion I would have is to boot the phone in safe mode - does the audio still behave in the same way? If Safe mode fixes it, its being caused by a 3rd party app. 

After that, try running the diagonostic tool on the phone: settings ->  system -> about phone -> support and run the audio diagnostics in there.

The next thing to try after that is to factory reset the phone - perhaps something didnt install correctly?

After that - I can only suggest that it is a hardware issue and to return the phone. If you are within one month, normally you can exchange the phone for a brand new one for free (depending on where you bought it from and which country you are in).