account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia XA2 SIM not recognised

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Sony Xperia XA2 SIM not recognised

Hi there

So my phone had water damage 2 months ago; it has been working fine since then though. However now its saying No service and not recognising my SIM card. Ive tried turning it on and off, have taken the SIM out, cleaned it and put it back. No luck. No other issues with the phone. 

Could it be the water damage or is there some other solution i could try? 

Thanks all

Sophie

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Adept
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sony Xperia XA2 SIM not recognised

Hi,

Is it possible the SIM card has failed - do other SIM cards work?

If not, then it may well be the water damage

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sony Xperia XA2 SIM not recognised

Hi @Sophieturia, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

As @annoimush recommended, trying with a different SIM card in the device is a good way to see if the SIM card is defect or not. You can either get in touch with your operator and ask for a new one, or ask a colleague, friend or family member if you can borrow their SIM card for a short while, just to check if their SIM card is detected or not by your device.

Let us know how it goes!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.