account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Save applications on the sd AX2 card

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 11 of 14
Message 11 of 14

Re: Save applications on the sd AX2 card

Yeah, and we have A1/A2 Application Performance Class standard since 2018...

One time poster
Message 12 of 14
Message 12 of 14

You should make it known when you change critical features like that. 32 GB is no big deal if you can format external as adopted storage or move apps to external, but it's way under sized if you can't  I recently bought my phone, my first Sony, but.nothing about that was on the advertising I saw. It's a shame because I really like the phone, but because of the restrictions it can't meet my needs. Regardless of Google changes, Samsung is about to bring back adoptable storage which is one of the reasons I left them  I guess I'll be going back when it's released. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 14
Message 13 of 14

Hi @Kklaar9801!

I understand the frustration, however as far as I know, we have never said that this is supported on any of our devices (even for those devices where it's possible) and if you know that you are in need of a specific feature/service, it's always best to check if this is supported or not before purchasing the product.

Adoptable storage is a feature that we never implemented in our devices when it was made available in Android 6.0 due to it impacting software encoding and quality.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 14 of 14
Message 14 of 14

Translation - "Sony don't care that their oversized opperating system and bloatware make your phone unusable without the Android features they specifically disable (don't blame Google, SD card adoption is available by default) so it's our fault for buying a Sony, we should know they

Well I won't make that mistake again.