account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Roll back to Oreo!

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Android P update - Awful photo/video quality !

Hi Sony !

My Xperia just got the Android P update.

Unfortunately, the quality of photos and videos is much lower than it was on Android O.

While in Superior Auto mode it is well... ok, let's say it is passable - then when I turned on HDR in Manual mode, it looks like the photos are taken in very low resolution (but still reported as being 23 Mpixel...) - there is terrible loss of details. The same for videos, they almost look like recorded in VGA resoluton.

What happened to that fantastic camera quality that we got in December update last year ? Even black level is incorrect again now, in dark scenes there is that ugly blue noise appearing again around photo edges.

This needs to be corrected with really high priority.

It's a pity, because the rest of the system is working really good. It is very smooth and looks really nice.

But the camera is barely useful now.

//Marcin

Adviser
Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

Re: Android P update - Awful photo/video quality !

I think Sony will fix this camera issue with some later patch or small update.

Inhabitant
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

Re: Android P update - Awful photo/video quality !

Dream little friend, dream...