account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Radio app

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Radio app

play sound through speakers doesn't work on android 9 pie update 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Re: Radio app

Hi again, @Kazas_troll and thank you for reporting back to me! 

The fact that it works better in safe mode is an indication that the behaviour in question is caused by a downloaded app. The best thing to do in order to find the root cause to the behavior is to go through the list of recently downloaded/updated apps and clear data for them one by one.

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Kazas_troll, let me see if I can help out here! 

Have you been able to test the app in safe mode to see if the loudspeaker function works better there? All apps downloaded from Play Store is temporarily deactivated while in safe mode and by doing this, you can see if this behaviour is caused by a downloaded app. For more information on safe mode and how to use it, click here

Another thing that you can try is to clear the data for the FM Radio app. This will reset all settings for the app which might do the trick. Find and tap Settings > Apps & notifications > Show all XX apps > FM Radio > Storage > Clear data > Tap "OK" > Restart the phone. 

Try these measures and let me know how it goes! 

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

so, i tried it in safe mode and it worked but, clearing data didn't fix the issue in normal mode

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi again, @Kazas_troll and thank you for reporting back to me! 

The fact that it works better in safe mode is an indication that the behaviour in question is caused by a downloaded app. The best thing to do in order to find the root cause to the behavior is to go through the list of recently downloaded/updated apps and clear data for them one by one.

Let me know if you have any further questions!