account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Proximity sensor issue during call

One time poster
Message 41 of 56
Message 41 of 56

Re: Proximity sensor issue during call

I'm having issue where I can hear on a call but they can't hear me like at all. My quess is the sensor that turns the screen on when on the phone and face touches the mic mute button, why would I ever use this lame feature it has call hold so why do I also need the option to mute mic. That's just stupid, I'm gona try and find another phone dialer on play store. 

One time poster
Message 42 of 56
Message 42 of 56

Same problem here, constantly muting calls with my cheek. 

Message 43 of 56
Message 43 of 56

So after 6 months with the phone and a couple of updates (guess it's only security updates) last one today, I can say what Sony? What are u doing, u give us security updates but cmon!! Fix those issues Screenshot_20180802-051802.png

Inhabitant
Message 44 of 56
Message 44 of 56

please sony, this equipment was released and not a single update to correct errors, NO ONE WAS FIXED

It was released and dropped straight away without even having the least support

For me Sony ended up here

One time poster
Message 45 of 56
Message 45 of 56

Same issue here. Since it has still not been fixed, this will be my last sony phone.

One time poster
Message 46 of 56
Message 46 of 56

Here exact the same. I hope sony will do something about it soon. 

Learner
Message 47 of 56
Message 47 of 56

@Merl wrote:

I'm the owner of XA2 more than week and I noticed one irritating bug - during a call, after approx. first 10-20 seconds my display "awakes" and I always press Speaker button by my cheek and my conversation hear all people around. I know that it's quite common issue for many XA2 owners. Are you going to fix this issue somehow?

Thx.

I also have the same problem. Happens every time I make or receive a call..... Come on Sony fix this.

Inhabitant
Message 48 of 56
Message 48 of 56

the version 50.1.a.13.83 that I received yesterday improves the sensor, there are still some problems that the ear should be farther away and still not turn off, just move away a little that it turns on, however, is much better and no longer turns off Turn on the screen so many times

One time poster
Message 49 of 56
Message 49 of 56

Just press on/off button after you receive or make call

Inhabitant
Message 50 of 56
Message 50 of 56

Unfortunately it seemed better but after some use saw that the same thing remains, nothing has been corrected or if it has been corrected was little, because after a while the screen turns on and off constantly, finally, so the phone will die of support and will continue like this