account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Proximity sensor issue during call

Apprentice
Message 11 of 56
Message 11 of 56

Re: Proximity sensor issue during call

This. I just bought the phone and was the very first bug I noticed. So annoying.
I contacted the assistance and they said to perform a software repair via companion. I'll let you know if it fixes something.

Adviser
Message 12 of 56
Message 12 of 56

I'm almost sure in one of two things: 1. assistance is idiot; 2. assistance decided that you are idiot.

Please let me know the result, I really hope that I'm wrong...

Apprentice
Message 13 of 56
Message 13 of 56

Of course it didn't fix anything. Same problem.

Apprentice
Message 14 of 56
Message 14 of 56

Update: contacted again assistance and they said I had to bring the phone to an authorized repair center and that if it would have been a software bug, Sony would have already acknowledged it and released a software fix. Since there is no software fix at the moment, it must be an hardware problem.
I asked what's the way to report a bug and they said that if repair software didn't do anything then there's no way this problem could be fixed.
Of course, I think that all of this is completely false.
Well... I'm disappointed.

Adviser
Message 15 of 56
Message 15 of 56

I know about some software bugs in Sony's firmware for different models, that are much eisier to fix than this one but are not fixed from summer.

Assistance won't help you unfortunately, people with at least some professional knownledge don't work as assistance. They have few common instructions of what to tell clients and that's all.

The only thing we can do here is just announce and talk about such issues so that this noise really reaches developers.

Visitor
Message 16 of 56
Message 16 of 56

Hi guys,

I have the same bug. It is quite annoying! I already had several software updates but they did not fix the problem. Are there any updates concerning the cause of the problem?

@Sony: Are you guys aware of this problem? Is this a hardware issue?

Adrian

Message 17 of 56
Message 17 of 56

Im here again and yeah i have the bug! not happens always but yeah its really a problem!

One time poster
Message 18 of 56
Message 18 of 56

к сожалению, у меня такая же проблема на XA2 

Unfortunately, I have the same problem on XA2

GT

Visitor
Message 19 of 56
Message 19 of 56

Looks like this forum is not actively maintained by Sony Zipper-mouth Face

Commissioner
Message 20 of 56
Message 20 of 56

it is, they moved my how to root topic into android development for some reason and deleted my topic on topic moved