account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My XA2 wants to be held?

Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

My XA2 wants to be held?

I got this phone for Christmas. If I put it down (on the sofa or bed) the touch screen is nearly non responsive, if I pick it up it's super responsive. I've tested it that if I put it flat on the bed covers and try type it won't respond but if (with out moving it) I put one finger in contact with the back or sides of the phone it will continue to type. As you lif and put back the one finger it contact with the phone the screen touch responds and drops accordingly...... What a going on?? Is this screen going to stop working entirely when my shock proof case arrives as nothing will be in contact with the phone body? Never had any of these issues on my Xperia X

2 REPLIES 2
Visitor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: My XA2 wants to be held?

Sorry about the grammar, I didn't check what was typing when I was lifting off my left hand finger ( typing with right), seems it missed several letters and words. 

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: My XA2 wants to be held?

I have the same problem.
I have the phone for 5 month now Id i have not idea. The moment the phone is stationary (on a desk, or standing in a stand) the top 1-2cm of the screen is totally nonresponsive and I cannot open the actionabr by swiping down. the other parts of the phone are kinn of responsive but only when pressed very hard for longer time. The moment I have the phone in my hands it works superb.

also, pleas Sony put the fingerprint sensor back to the side or to the front. I hate ligting up my phone just to unlock. due to this screen issue i'm not even able to unlick with pin/pattern because the screen is just so bad at recognising my touch/swipe