account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Music Through Headphones is Awful

Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Music Through Headphones is Awful

I have scoured the internet and cannot find any information on this.  I just replaced my Samsung Galaxy S6 with a brand new Xperia XA2.  I have been having so many issues with music playback with this phone!  When I listen to music through wired headphones or through my car via the headphone jack, the music quality is awful. The music crackles and when a song starts it comes in super quiet, then ends super quiet with crackle noises.  The music also pauses between songs, sometimes for minutes at a time.  I have to turn the screen on and back off for the next song to play.  I had ZERO issues with these things with my 3.5 year old Galaxy, and nothing else has changed.  Using the exact same app, same music, same devices, same cell carrier with the old phone as with the new. When I use bluetooth headphones, this is not a problem.  It's only when I use the headphone jack.  Any ideas on what is causing this and how to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Music Through Headphones is Awful

Phone must be faulty. No issues for me, sounds great. What music player are you using? 

Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I was using Amazon Music, but I did a factory reset and now use the stock music app and have zero issues.  

One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

This worked for me as well

Restarted into safemode

Opened sound settings and toggled DSEE on(wait a few seconds for it to kick in)

Confirmed sound was normal in safemode

Then rebooted

Toggled DSEE again and now sounds are normal

Thank you very much Katifer for sharing, i was about to throw the phone away

One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Who can tell the best product among those listed on this site?

https://bestcomputerformusicproduction.website/best-sennheiser-headphones/