account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Lenhth of video recording.

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Lenhth of video recording.

I was just wondering how long I could record for in one go, I am currently having drug dealing and anti social behaviour issues with my neighbours. It  would be awesome if I could use my phone as a security camera as I am currently saving up for a cctv package. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenhth of video recording.

Hi @Tonymac, welcome to our forum!

This will depend on how much free storage there is in the device. I would strongly recommend purchasing a SD card if you plan on recording longer videos as they can get quite big in size, depending on the quality of the video.

Videos recorded in 4K will provide the best quality, but will also be bigger in size, compared to videos recorded in a lower resolution and I'm afraid that I don't have information about how big a video file recording a specific  resolution for x amount of time will be, as this depends on what is recorded and so forth, but you can record a video for 10 minutes and see how big it gets and then figure out for how long you will be able to record, with x amount of free storage.

There may also be applications available in the Google Play store that has a bit more functions compared to the regular camera application for this specific purpose and may also offer cloud storage.

I hope that helps a bit! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.