account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAC on Xperia XA2

Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

LDAC on Xperia XA2

Hello,

When I connect my headset (Sony WH-100XM2, compatible with LDAC) to my XA2 (with Oreo that supports LDAC too), I can't have better that aptX HD.

Is LDAC really supported by the XA2 or is there a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

R.

5 REPLIES
Commissioner
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: LDAC on Xperia XA2

@Rorschach33wrote:

Hello,

When I connect my headset (Sony WH-100XM2, compatible with LDAC) to my XA2 (with Oreo that supports LDAC too), I can't have better that aptX HD.

Is LDAC really supported by the XA2 or is there a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

R.

This is the list of models which supported LDAC https://support.sonymobile.com/gb/xperiax/kb/801930740188bd387015dd8a6d20203878/#gref. I'm not sure about XA2 model. Also check here https://www.reddit.com/r/SonyXperia/comments/7qsypc/does_native_support_for_ldac_in_oreo_mean_that/ as writing user RL_TR it's probably not supported, coz XA2 support aptX HD which doing similar things as LDACsmile happy

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you phone

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi @Rorschach33, I can confirm that according to the information which I have available, Xperia XA2 does unfortunately not support LDAC. sad

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi EUPHORIC and Emir,

Thank you for your quick answers.

I though that the phone would support LDAC as on the support page of the XA2, in the link "What is Android Oreo" (https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxa2/dm/oreo/), it is said "As a special treat, Sony has made the LDAC™ decoder for Bluetooth®‎ High-Resolution audio available to all devices running on Android".

Anyway, aptX HD sound good. If a want the best sound possible, I will use a cable for lossless Hi-Res music.

Thanks again,

R.

Commissioner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@Rorschach33wrote:

Hi EUPHORIC and Emir,

Thank you for your quick answers.

I though that the phone would support LDAC as on the support page of the XA2, in the link "What is Android Oreo" (https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxa2/dm/oreo/), it is said "As a special treat, Sony has made the LDAC™ decoder for Bluetooth®‎ High-Resolution audio available to all devices running on Android".

Anyway, aptX HD sound good. If a want the best sound possible, I will use a cable for lossless Hi-Res music.

Thanks again,

R.

Welcome, if will be others questions, you can ask it anytime, i think if someone from this community will have answers, they will post it smile happy About Oreo, i think it's standart information, so always keep in mind that accurate information about model you will find in specifications of this model smile happy

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you phone

Visitor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

this is very very dissapointing

i have the MDR-1000X and they support LDAC, but it connects only with AptX. My previous phone (nexus 6P) connected using LDAC with no question asked

being LDAC a sony profile, running in a sony phone, connecting to Sony headphones and a standard in Android Oreo, i would gues LDAC was the natural connection between my equipment