account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Known Issues so far

Commissioner
Message 71 of 133
Message 71 of 133

Re: Known Issues so far

Well im pretty sure this is the most active thread so i hope they do

Message 72 of 133
Message 72 of 133

So guys right now i have 2 months and almost 2 weeks with the phone... the 20 of this month is my last day to return my phone... the phone for me have worked well except for some small issues and the big problem, 2 o 3 times crashing all system of the phone, thank god without the "3 dot issue" but therers no official info about sony about a fix for this problem or some others problem on the forum or even update to android 8.1... i like the phone but those issues keep me thinking, if the 3 dot issue break my phone after my last day for return... 

So guys what i shoud do, return the phone and get another small phone with better brand assistand and no issues ? 

Commissioner
Message 73 of 133
Message 73 of 133

try to get a different xa2 model

Inhabitant
Message 74 of 133
Message 74 of 133

Add to the list, unable to move apps to SD card (using the same SD card as with my XA1 that is also running Oreo).  Developer option to force allow apps to external storage does not work, neither does re-formatting SD card.

Commissioner
Message 75 of 133
Message 75 of 133

Thats an android issue, i i install aosp on my older phone and couldn't do it either

Regular
Message 76 of 133
Message 76 of 133

had my first overheat when using the camera, useless it is, could not take any photos or video for about 5 minutes as i kept getting the message the camera is overheating, then to top it all off couldnt even see my photos as every thing was crashing and shutting down, the only fix was a reboot, iv got about 5 more days with this phone then its going back, biggest load of rubbish i have ever had

Commissioner
Message 77 of 133
Message 77 of 133

@pauldbwrote:

had my first overheat when using the camera, useless it is, could not take any photos or video for about 5 minutes as i kept getting the message the camera is overheating, then to top it all off couldnt even see my photos as every thing was crashing and shutting down, the only fix was a reboot, iv got about 5 more days with this phone then its going back, biggest load of rubbish i have ever had

Pauldb

Where did you purchase the XA2 from? and may I ask, could you please do me a favour and check the settings of the pre installed app called messages, the app that sends SMS, then check in the advanced section and let me know if there's an option showing for SMS Delivery Reports? 

Regular
Message 78 of 133
Message 78 of 133

hi it was from tesco uk, and yes there is an option for sms delivery reports and its on

Commissioner
Message 79 of 133
Message 79 of 133

@pauldbwrote:

hi it was from tesco uk, and yes there is an option for sms delivery reports and its on

Can someone please explain why on my XA2 messages pre installed app there isn't this delivery report option? 

Adviser
Message 80 of 133
Message 80 of 133

5.] wifi randomly disconnects

this problem still persists after the firmware upgrade [50.1 .A.5.59]