account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Known Issues so far

Apprentice
Message 91 of 133
Message 91 of 133

Re: [Update info] 50.1 .A.5.59

Sometimes fingerprint sensor stops working and there is no way to let it recognize your finger.
Also: no updates since three months, which means that this thread is useless since no bugs is being fixed. Camera quality is crap in almost every situation. What a total delusion, this is the last Sony smartphone I'm buying.

Commissioner
Message 92 of 133
Message 92 of 133

@mipa_xa wrote:

Sometimes fingerprint sensor stops working and there is no way to let it recognize your finger.
Also: no updates since three months, which means that this thread is useless since no bugs is being fixed. Camera quality is crap in almost every situation. What a total delusion, this is the last Sony smartphone I'm buying.

One good reason why I don't use and have never activated the finger print sensor. 

Message 93 of 133
Message 93 of 133

my finger sensor have worked all the time thank god, even with my finger little wet.... but yeah no fixes for those issues, lot of issues, no android 8.1 update and the last security update was from march... and now i cant return the phone and therers no reply from anyione from sony Slightly frowning Face think this is my first and last sony phone, a shame bcuz i wanna jump to XZ2 compact but with this service

Inhabitant
Message 94 of 133
Message 94 of 133

Hello, I have read the list of posts and it seems to me that nobody in this chat noticed the following issue. I have seen that there is an indipendent subject about it, perhaps it can be useful to add the issue to this subject.

While listening to the fm radio I am experiencing short pauses of roughly 5 to 10 seconds. This makes the fm experience quite annoing.

In fact I don't know if this is due to signal strength, I don't think so, since between the pauses the reception is good.

Thanks, Matteo

Commissioner
Message 95 of 133
Message 95 of 133

Received an email from Sony saying that there's an update for software for the XA2 and to either wait for its release or download it using PC Companion, however using Companion says I'm currently uptodate with the current version below.

Current version v. 50.1.A.5.59

Update v. 50.1.A.10.40

Commissioner
Message 96 of 133
Message 96 of 133

Been informed by Sony that I'll just have to wait for the network provider to allow the update to take place hence the reason why pc Companion wasn't able to help. 

Enthusiast
Message 97 of 133
Message 97 of 133

My wife's unlocked XA2 here in the USA no isn't showing a update.

I have the Ultra, which I suspect should also have an update, nothing for that either.  Are these release notes for this supposed update?  Has anyone got it yet?

Commissioner
Message 98 of 133
Message 98 of 133

@JasonSCarter wrote:

My wife's unlocked XA2 here in the USA no isn't showing a update.

I have the Ultra, which I suspect should also have an update, nothing for that either.  Are these release notes for this supposed update?  Has anyone got it yet?

You'll only receive the update once your network provider has allowed it to be available for download. 

Visitor
Message 99 of 133
Message 99 of 133

Re: Known Issues so far

I don't know why you can transfer apps to your sd card I have not heard that you can do it but I disagree with it because it's a copyright thing so thats why you don't do it on xa2 

Enthusiast
Message 100 of 133
Message 100 of 133

My network provider has nothing to do with updates on my phone.  My device is unlocked.