account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Known Issues so far

Commissioner
Message 2 of 133
Message 2 of 133

Known Issues so far

3 Months of using this and most of the bugs are still there

These are the bugs:

1.] Camera app sometimes shows a unknown error

2.] Phone randomly freezes sometimes

3.] Still now RAW support, please sony, just add it (By that i mean full or limited mode of the camera2api)

4.] Both wifi and cellular drop from 3 bars to 1 bar sometimes.

5.] Wifi randomly disconnects.

6.] Overheating issues, possible solution- slow down the cpu clock when it reaches a certain level of degrees. Camera produces heat really quickly.Screenshot_20180330-220434.png

(battery wasn't charging, just some regular 1080p30fps filming)

7.] Camera's color tone goes to greenish in low light however it can be adjusted via brightness and color adjustments (hope it would do that automatically)

8.) Bluetooth issues (added by @Pol63)

10.] Battery percentage sometimes drops in a 2% adjustments(example: instead of going from 25 to 24, it goes from 25 to 23 skipping a percentage)

9.) Sometimes the mobile data signal just completely drops out (reported by other users)

11.) Not all calls received (reported by other users)

Im glad to see Sony watching this topic

132 REPLIES 132
Commissioner
Message 1 of 133
Message 1 of 133

[Update info] 50.1 .A.5.59

Please reply below if you noticed anything different after the update.

What's new:

1.) Defocus on half pressing doesn't occour in the manual mode when the flashlight is off anymore.

2.) Better photos?

3.) You tell me 😀

One time poster
Message 3 of 133
Message 3 of 133

Re: [Update info] 50.1 .A.5.59

i have this phone for one month and noticed a cellular problem

with my previous phone at my home i had 75 to 100% signal on 4g, with the xa2 i'm between 25 and 75%, and sometimes only on 3g (and there are drops like said)

very annoying !

i've got bluetooth problems with my car (toyota verso 2012)

- many disconnections (5s reconnection)

- tracks names appears only 5% time

- next song continue only 60% time (need to go to deezer to pause and resume to recover music)

maybe the problem is from the car ...

photos are not very good

Commissioner
Message 4 of 133
Message 4 of 133

I have an issue with this phone and I am not sure whether it's a sony issue or my network provider issue, I updated to 50.1 .A.5.59 and I noticed that I don't have the delivery report option in the preinstalled advanced settings for the SMS messaging app, what worries me is that according to the link below the XA2 (H3113) according to Sony does support this option, but when I take their instructions to get to the option I find it not there, so at the end of the day I am unable to enable delivery reports for my outgoing SMS texts.

My provider is Virgin Media, please state yours if you can kindly check if you see the option on your phone, link below gives details as to how to find it.

Sony Xperia XA2

Commissioner
Message 5 of 133
Message 5 of 133

I have itScreenshot_20180404-084746.png

Message 6 of 133
Message 6 of 133

1  month and  almosth 2 weeks with the phone, i really love the phone but these little bugs appearing are anoying me...

Bug on a call with the sensor

sometimes with the camera app, the app show "sd card not available bla bla" 

the audio problem when record a video from the camera app

But the worst bug was like 3 days ago...  the phone have like 12 days without a restart, i was using it and everything start to fail, the launcher, messenger and all, try everything but nothing open, thank god with  only a restart fix the phone... that scare me so much!!

Sony i was thinkin on this phone or the galaxy A5 2017, but for me this is far better so please Sony dont make me return this beauty and get that galaxy!

BTW i have update the message app and still have the option for the msg, u should try a reset friend

Commissioner
Message 7 of 133
Message 7 of 133

he should reinstall the apo because its google's

Commissioner
Message 8 of 133
Message 8 of 133

I have just noticex that the signal drops in wifi appear when you cover the top antennas.. 2.4 Ghz band should easily pass thru the hand so this makes me thingthst either this phone has bad antennas or there id i software bug

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 133
Message 9 of 133

@davidhozicwrote:

I have just noticex that the signal drops in wifi appear when you cover the top antennas.. 2.4 Ghz band should easily pass thru the hand so this makes me thingthst either this phone has bad antennas or there id i software bug

Do you have similar issue using 5g frequency? 

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 10 of 133
Message 10 of 133

@Jonathan2396wrote:

1  month and  almosth 2 weeks with the phone, i really love the phone but these little bugs appearing are anoying me...

Bug on a call with the sensor

sometimes with the camera app, the app show "sd card not available bla bla" 

the audio problem when record a video from the camera app

But the worst bug was like 3 days ago...  the phone have like 12 days without a restart, i was using it and everything start to fail, the launcher, messenger and all, try everything but nothing open, thank god with  only a restart fix the phone... that scare me so much!!

Sony i was thinkin on this phone or the galaxy A5 2017, but for me this is far better so please Sony dont make me return this beauty and get that galaxy!

BTW i have update the message app and still have the option for the msg, u should try a reset friend

May I ask which phone and carrier you use?