account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Finger print sensor XA2 not working

One time poster
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Finger print sensor XA2 not working

I recently got the Xperia XA2 and have been using it for around a week and all has been fine. However, the finger print scanner is no longer working. When I go to add a new fingerprint, it immediately comes up with a message saying it is unable to add another one. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Finger print sensor XA2 not working

Hi, u have the phone up to date? Also u  can try a reset... It's the sensor clean? 

Visitor
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

So mine just stopped working about 30 minutes ago. I already have 2 prints saved which obviously don't with and can't add a new fingerprint either.

Screenshot_20180522-231145.pngThis shows immediately you get into the fingerprint manager

One time poster
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

I got the same issue... Come on Sony, what's happening? I just bought the phone 3 days ago.. 

One time poster
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

I have the same issue, but my phone is XA2 Ultra

One time poster
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

I just bought an Xperia Xa2 ultra 6 days ago and the fingerprint scanner worked fine for the first days but hours ago, 90% of the time it either says not recognized or couldn't process fingerprint. Now, it doesnt recognize my fingerprint or any fingerprint at all. I tried to remove my fingerprint set-up, clean my fingerprint sensor and restart the device. But still, it doesnt work. Please help. Thanks

One time poster
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

I have the exact same issue. A month ago I fixed it with a factory reset but after a few weeks it happened again. 

Visitor
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

Update:

For some reason about 2 nights ago, my phone decided to shutdown. I thought my battery had run flat (though I was sure it had about 30% left) but it booted itself back up. Sure enough, I had enough battery on the phone. I hadn't been doing anything on the phone at the time that would cause an automatic reboot so the behaviour was completely unexpected. I thought nothing of it.

Shortly after picking up the phone to use, I discovered (accidentally) that the fingerprint sensor started to respond again as it normally would (though I did have to re-save new fingerprints). It fails to log me into my Banking app (thought that may be to do with the app itself) but logging in to the PayPal app works just fine.

I don't know what has changed to cause the sensor to start reading fingerprints now or how long it will last before it stops responding, but it definitely did start working again on its own. Hit me up on twitter if you have any other questions.

Learner
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

I have the same problem, fingerprint settings refuse to save it.

One time poster
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Same for me. I have phone about 2 weeks now. Today fingerprint scanner stopped working. When i try fingerprint scanner test ( *#*#7378423*#*# ) application crashes ( hangs ).