account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Calls cutting out

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Calls cutting out

I have an XA2 on the Vodafone network.

If I make a call, it keeps being dropped after 15 minutes.  I can hear the person I am calling but they cannot hear me.  I end up having to terminate the call and redial.  I have reported this to Vodafone five times now and they appear not to be able to correct the problem.

So my next thought is that this may be a fault with the handset.  Has anyone else experienced this??

3 REPLIES 3
One time poster
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Calls cutting out

YES! I was just coming on here to see if anyone else is having this issue on the XA2. My carrier is AT&T, and I don't think it's a carrier issue. I just switched from my iPhone (also with AT&T) and never had dropped calls in the same areas I'm making calls from on the Xperia. I get this odd tone (almost like the old operator tone that used to sound on phones back in day), and after about 10-15 minutes of talking I can still hear the other person but they can't hear me. It's driving me nuts. I just booted the phone in safe mode a few minutes ago, and am going to try and place a call during my lunch break to see if it happens in safe mode. I saw a lot of posts about calls going out and odd tones sounding on the Z series and a lot of threads said it ended up being a third party app causing the issue.

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I have exactly the same problem. I have 2 sims on 2 different networks in 2 different countries and so it's definitely the phone. Drives me nuts. What to do?

Highlighted
Adept
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I strongly suspect you might be catching the 'mute' button with your cheek - the sensor is quite sensitive on the XA2 and so sometimes during calls the screen lights up and you press the mute button. Double check next time it happens