account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

All contacts are gone!

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

All contacts are gone!

I have no explanation for this. Hundreds of contacts simply vanished without initiating any update, backup or changing any settings. I've tried restarting. I've also ensured thatall contactsaare shown. Still nothing. How do I get them back!!??????

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: All contacts are gone!

@Psums 

I'm sorry to hear that have you created a backup of your contacts at all? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: All contacts are gone!

Hi @Psums, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Do you know where the contacts were stored? Was the contacts only stored on your device, or did you have them synchronized with an account? 

Just to be 100% sure that you have made sure that they are supposed to be shown, could you open up the Contacts application > tap the three lines in the top right corner > Settings > Contacts to display > All (Normal view).

If you only had them stored locally and there are still no contacts showing, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Contacts > Permission and make sure that everything is turned on here.

If you are unsure where you had the contacts stored, go to the link below and log in with the same Google account you use in your device and see if they show up here.

contacts.google.com

L
et us know how it goes!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.