account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

camera app is not working. Flash also.

Apprentice
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

camera app is not working. Flash also.

I already tried to reset the system... I tried to reset the cache and force the app stop. I restarted the smartphone  several times. I put it in safe mode. I have updated the firmware version, but nothing works. PLEASE,I need a lot of help.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: camera app is not working. Flash also.

@Xa2u

Do you get any error messages?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

I recently bought the ultra xa2. I love the phone, but from the last friday the rear camera  and the flashlight app doesn't work. When I open the camera you can see black screen. After a few seconds, an error message appears saying "I can not start the camera".  I've tried every fix, reset the phone, clear the cache, repair with xperia companion and do the same thing. So for now I downloaded a different camera application and it  doesn't works. Please, help me. 

One time poster
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

А камера работает в безопасном режиме? 

Does the camera work in safe mode?

gt

Apprentice
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

No. It's doesn't work. 

One time poster
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

Mine is doing the same. It's driving me crazy! 

One time poster
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

I Just bought my xa2 ultra and I have the same issue with camera...  Does somebody could fix it?

Emperor
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

@AdrianCabrera 

Could you elaborate on the issue? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

When I try to take a picture with the rear camera, an error message appears and the app doesn't begin. 

One time poster
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Try remove update of Google Photos.