account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Why i cannot received incoming calls? what shall i do?

Visitor
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Why i cannot received incoming calls? what shall i do?

i can call however i cannot receive incoming calls 

8 REPLIES 8
Learner
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Why i cannot received incoming calls? what shall i do?

I'm having the same issue here, although I can't make call either. It looks like the signal drops from full LTE+ down to HSDPA and even down to EDGE until it completely drops and the call stops.

Can anyone share some thoughts on this? Could this be a SIM card issue or may a phone one?

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

hello

lets try to troubleshoot the simcards first. try to insert it with other device and make a call. does it work?

next try to make a call with your Xperia device while on safe mode.. does the call work?

make sure you have the right network settings with your network provider,

also checked if the network type is not set to 4G or 3g only. as most network uses 3g or 2g for calls, unless supported with VOLTE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Learner
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Hi,

So I've tried the sim in a secondary device and everything works well (making/taking calls).

Booted in safe mode and it looks like over HSDPA connection to Orange Romania I can make and take calls although the signal is not great, there was some poor sound on the other phone's end.

For the network preffered connection I've left the phone on LTE(preffered/WCDMA/GSM).

It looks like the jump from LTE connection over to 3G when making calls is the actuall issue, but this manifests only on my carrier Orange Romania.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Pioneer
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

I've seen it mentioned somewhere that some have experienced carrier / APN settings getting changed in updates. 

It might be worth checking those.

I know it's true because I made it up myself...
Learner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for the suggestion Nathan!

I did try to reset the APN settings for my carrier with no result. When I make a call the phone jumps form LTE to 3G and is fails there. Alo when I tried to set the phone only on Orange 3G it failed to register the network.

Not really sure who's to blame here either the carrier for some hidden settings that I didn't make or the phone on some faulty software setting. I'm currently running Oreo 8.0.0 ver. 50.1.A.4.76.

I guess at this point I have to decide who to visit next, the Orange shop and ask to assistance or the service hoping they cover this issue.

Pioneer
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Sorry it didn't work. 

I'd go to Orange first because it definitely won't cost you anything. 

I know it's true because I made it up myself...
One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I'm having the same problems. Random calls are not being received by this phone. 

One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

I fixed my phone I hope yall do too, unfortunately this phones ram is shared with storage space too and with that being said you need to keep at least 10gb of space available, turn on developer options, and make sure you kill your work on exit so it never stays open. When this phones ram/storage gets overworked guess what, you stop receiving everything even under wifi. Enjoy. (When u can buy a phone with at least 64gb internal storage) all new phones are coming out with this new shared storage/ram and it blows.