account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Very disappointed experience which Sony

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Very disappointed experience which Sony

I bought my Sony Xperia Ultra about 10 months ago maybe a year, I have sent this phone back to be repaired 3  times, every time they send the phone back it comes with the same problems and it only last couple of months before I have to send it back.. the last time I send it back I said that I didn't want this phone back or to be repaired, I can't afford to be without phone for several weeks before it is send back.. however this last time I sent it they said they were  going to replace the phone fora new one and I had to wait a bit longer to get the new one, instead, for the 4th time I got the same phone again, long story short it came back with the same problems. when I called customer service they have no idea what to say because these people  is not qualified to fix or take care of your problems, now I have this same phone that has been repaired three or four times and when I call customer service they only say that I have to send the back to be repaired, I just got tired of dealing with incompetent people that are not even trying to fix my problem this is a product that I would not recommend not only for his quality but also for the poor and lack of professionalism of the customer service and support.

I know it's not their fault but they are the face of the company I hate to post things like this but at this point I believe people should know this kind of issues before they invest on a cell phone which at the beginning was a great phone with a great camera, but when it started failing all these good features were just words on a paper.

for example the camera doesn't Focus anymore especially when I'm videoing Sports, the phone get hot really easy especially when you navigate on the internet, the screen keeps coming up with brown spots which are signs of burning especially on the top right side. a lot of times the apps stop running I believe it's because the phone gets hot.

this is a very disappointing situation and I hope this comment makes Sony take care of  their customers in a better way and improve their customer service. 

6 REPLIES 6
One time poster
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Very disappointed experience which Sony

Bravo9mx same thing happened to my brand new xa2ultra, i purchased it brandnew from best buy, on 3 rd day the screen automatically starts to press buttons by itself,, upon contacting customer service they say to do software repair i did ,problem same happening,then they say some phone are factory defected, it's under warranty you have to sentit to company to get repaired,when i aske where to send thay say we don't know you will get email.customer service people are not knowledgeable.i runied my 450$ on Xperia XA2Ultra

Rookie
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Yes I know the drill I 've done it 3 times everty time I call customer service they answer in south america or india , they never have a clue on how to resolve problems and only can tell you what they can read on their screen, it is not their fault, that's their job... it is Sony's fault.

Tomorrow Monday I'm sending my cellphone back to Sony for the 4th time, I told them again that "I don't want that phone back", lets see what happens this time.

One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

when i went to sony to do a replacement of my cellphone because of the issues that it has, the sony support team told me that it has no warranty becuase the coins that i had on my pants paket with my xa2 ultra made some piant scrapes   on the edge of the phone.

that is ridiculous because that phone is new, i had it just for 2 months 

Adviser
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I have the same issue in regards reaching out Sony via chat or phone. (incompetent people).

They have really no idea how to progress issues or able to follow up with the customer. 

Even the easiest questions are never been answered like where can I download the right compatible driver for my H4233 phone.

I have even opened here on the forum a post about the Qualcomm incompatibility charging issues.

No one has ever come back to me plus after the 1-year phone release my model still incompatible for open source images.

Rookie
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

This company is just a joke, last week I got a msg from Fedex saying that i have a package from sony to be delivered on certain day and nothing happened, so I called Sony to check the status of my phone (The one I don't want back because it has been fixed 4 times). and they just said " Oh your phone is still in the process to be repaired, it may take couple of weeks to get it done" hah!!! is not like they're putting a race car engine together. So who I do believe Fedex or the poor customer service of Sony ???

SO I just called them again and nothing has been resolved,  I was told that they are sending back the same repaired phone that I returned 4 times........That is a poor customer service.

yce
Commissioner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Indeed, bad customer service in my coutry also (Romania). Sony, some pleople don't give about quality and about YOU. Do something about it! I am a huge fan but with some problems like this it's such a pitty. Every Sony product I have works great, but Xperia come with issues for some time in a way or another. Software related most - in my case. Not to mention I can't find devices built for Romania but for Hungary, Germany or China. Software upgrades are very much delayed, no engineers to repair Xperia's in a professional way and so on. I want to keep Xperia in my pocket long time from now on. Not to mention that for many years ago I've wrote letters to repair the lans flare and distorsions in camera department, or problems in touch department and nothing useful happened for now. Please Sony do something great and solve these old issues. Xperia devices are so promising! 

Hope you take note and take care. All the best!

Alex