account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Ugly nav bar & notifications popup, immersive mode bug...

Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Ugly nav bar & notifications popup, immersive mode bug...

Hi Sony,

Why does your new XA2 Ultra doesn't support immersive mode ?

Forcing immersive mode and light of the sreen result to a coma. The only way is hard reboot, the normal reboot result to a bootloop.

Why do I could die for an immersive mode ?

Because the navbar is insanely tick ! 1cm lost in the bottom of the screen ! Angry Face When you buy this type of screen size, it is in order to enjoy it fully ! ! Light Bulb

Why you let the ugly stock kernel 8.0 pop notifications during immersive moment (video, games...) ? 3CM OF ANOYING POPUP ! I just show it to a friend and he just can't belive that. Why ? Because other companies release updates to fix Google stuppidities !

(yes, between Oreo dev launch and official release, Google just remove so many feature that just make ppl angry, and to buy a stock kernel based phone became a non-sense for the first (?) time in Android history)

So... since the Dday launch of this smartphone, I'm feeling that I have a huge screen that is not totaly usefull.

I'm waiting an update that will fix/make it compatible with third apk immersive mode.

If you are in the same case, please leave a comment for Sony, hope things will change Rainbow I beg you Sony devs to do something please.

Or if you found a solution, please share it DrinkGift

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Ugly nav bar & notifications popup, immersive mode bug...

@D0j0 the immersive pop up only shows up the first time you view a photo or video in full screen.

how are you trying to force immersive mode? 

Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Because we lose 1cm with this ugly navbar !

Samsung one's, for exemple is 1/3 tinnier, and have the possibility of minimise it.

Visitor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

I solve a part of the problem, about immersive mode.

First of all, "Custom navigation bar" apk was crashing the phone in coma in immersive mode.

You have to let active in the immersive mode the notification bar, only navbar has to be disabled... And it works as a charm !

Rest the ugly popup you got each time a sms is received...

Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi.

For my xa2 ultra, I use the GMD apk, you can do what you want for every apk, active or not the status bar and/or navigation bar, just perfect for a total immersive mode.

Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

The same here bro i hate that really. 

Pioneer
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

For games, you have Game mode in Xperia Actions to prevent notifications to appear. Something is something...