account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

The Stereo microphones are backwards

Learner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

The Stereo microphones are backwards

If you record a video on an XA2 Ultra in Landscape and talk directly into the left microphone with the word "left"  and then say "right" in the right microphone then play the video back with a stereo headset the "left" will end up in your right ear and the "right" will end up in your left ear.

I noticed this was not consistent with your XZ Premium and at first I thought the XA2 Ultra was the only one that was correct but then I realized the XA2 Ultra will record passing cars wrong because if you record traffic with the phone parallel to the street cars coming from the left will end up in the right speaker first.

The work around is to hold the phone upside down in Landscape mode but then the length of your recording ends up upside down also. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: The Stereo microphones are backwards

@Roger2008 nice catch! I'll forward your issue.