account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sound not switching from speakers to headphone when plugged in headphone jack

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Sound not switching from speakers to headphone when plugged in headphone jack

Hi 

Brand new Xa2 Ultra here ,  just got it out the box , went to my car, tryed to plug in a jack to jack to have music in my car and the sound doesnt want to switch from the speaker to the jack, i try with the sony headphones included in the box , it worked , switched back to my car jack , no switch , sound keeps coming out of the speaker. 

I tryed a few different headphones , Razers , Siberia white , Hyperx Cloud 3 , all high end headphones and i have the same problem , it will only work with the sony headphones.

I have read in different forums that i need to go in jailbreak mode to change a command line about the certificate for music playing , i find it quite disapointing that i would have to jailbreak my phone to fix something that every other phones on the market can do easely. 

Can anyone help me with this ?  

»Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Emperor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Sound not switching from speakers to headphone when plugged in headphone jack

@Magz514 

that's rather odd that only Sony headphones are working, are the other headphones design for iPhones? 

Side Note: You don't jailbreak Android devices, you root them, jailbreak is for iOS

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)