account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sony Xperia xa2 ultra dual sim no wifi calling!!!

Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Sony Xperia xa2 ultra dual sim no wifi calling!!!

Hi everyone I have a Sony Xperia x2a Ultra unlocked on Metro PCS and I was wondering if there's a rum or different firmware where I can have Wi-Fi calling on this unlocked device my network carrier supports Wi-Fi calling?

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sony Xperia xa2 ultra dual sim no wifi calling!!!

@Jayrayk 

I'm sorry to say this but it won't work, Metro PCs use T-mobile's network, so you will need for T-mobile USA to request and work with Sony to release a firmware so your phone could work with such feature. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sony Xperia xa2 ultra dual sim no wifi calling!!!

Hi @Jayrayk,

It's your network operator decides if VoWiFi/Wi-Fi Calling is enabled or not in your device and in most cases your device needs operator-customised software and your subscription (incl. SIM card) must support Wi-Fi Calling for the device model you're using.

For questions regarding what is needed in order for you to use Wi-Fi calling in your device, please get in touch with your operator.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.