account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Sony XA2 ultra verizon support

One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Sony XA2 ultra verizon support

hi, Could someone if they tried and are using Verizon GSM 4G LTE sim cards in Sony XA2 ultra in US?
If yes, could you please share if you have any network issues in any areas and if there are any internet or call drops?
Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Visitor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sony XA2 ultra verizon support

A recent story: despite information given to us by Verizon, Sony, and other internet sources, the Sony XA2 Ultra is only supported by Verizon's data services, but not voice services. We spent 4 long days working with Verizon and Sony trying to resolve this, but it was not resolved. What to do? We switched to ATT initially, despite our better judgement, having had problems with their customer service in the distant past. Their services worked fine, but pricing was not what they orginally told us. Within a couple of months we switched to Consumer Cellular (aka selling ATT services, but much more helpful), and now pricing is much better with similar services to ATT Slightly smiling Face

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Why would you try to use service from Verizon on a phone that's strictly GSM only? yeah, I know that Verizon has the ability to have SIM cards but that doesn't mean their service is going to work in the phone. That's basically  a lack of one person's judgment on this matter who doesn't know what they're doing; now granted having to switch over from Verizon to AT&t is one person's decision and doing so but again that's just common sense when having a phone that is intended for GSM service only not CDMA. Next time if you want to use your service on a compatible phone you should do some research, I've been down that road myself before but with a a cell phone that is intended for global use but didn't have the appropriate band usage here in the United States.

Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@HRJ86 

Although that make sense, there are GSM Xperias that are compatible with Verizon, such as the Xperia XZ2 Compact

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

That may be but in this case, this form is for the XA2 Ultra.

Emperor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@HRJ86 

That might be, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep the conversation respectful and constructive. this is a global user based forum, we are to help each other. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Just saying that's all.