account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Software update

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Software update

Ever since I updated my Xperia Xa2 Ultra to android 9 I've been having issues with the phone, the rear camera stopped responding, the phone freezes then restarts, it gets hot sometimes and now there's no sound coming from the speakers and I can't make or receive calls.. This is frustrating

4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Software update

Hi @Cheddrick, sorry to hear about this.

Does these freezing incidents happen during a specific kind of use or do they appear randomly? Also, have you been able to carry out a quick test on the hardware functions that you mentioned? In order to do this, find and tap Settings > Support > Xperia Tests > Camera/Microphone and speakers.

One thing that you can try for the camera is to clear data for the app. This will reset all settings for the camera app which might do the trick. In order to do this, find and tap Settings > Apps & notifications > Show all XX apps > Camera > Storage > Clear data > Tap "OK" > Restart the phone.

Another thing that you can try is to reboot your phone in safe mode to see if the phone freezes there. All apps downloaded from Play Store is temporarily deactivated while in safe mode and by doing this, you can see if the freezing incidents is caused by a downloaded app. For more information on safe mode and how to use it, click here.

If none of these measures manages to improve the functionality of the camera and the general functionality of the phone, I suggest that you try to repair the software on the phone using a computer and Xperia Companion. Keep in mind that a software repair will erase all user data from the phone, so it is advised to do a backup of your user data before proceeding with the repair.

Try these measures and let me know how it goes! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I've done all of the above and I'm still having the same issues, if I turn the phone off and try to charge the battery it restarts, I did a software repair and it Froze until the battery died, then once charged again it restarts on and off, sometimes there's no sound on the phone, at times it makes a buzzing sound before restarting. The rare camera still not functioning either

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi again, @Cheddrick.

If none of the earlier mentioned troubleshooting including the software repair manages to improve the functionality of the phone, I suggest that you get in contact with your local support team in order to have the phone sent to an authorized service center. If you have any questions regarding the service such as routines, warranty and consumer laws, these kind of questions are best answered by your local support team as well as they vary depending on market.

Let me know how it goes! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

yce
Commissioner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Don't be insolent admins!

Even though I've tried in front of my friends to tell everything is fine for this device there are issues that weren't fixed by the upgrade. Sony is losing ground and none are wanting to buy because of your insolence of individuals like you. Even if you are still receiving issues still nothing is done. If you were able to send instructions to software engineers and functional updates were implemented there was no problem yet in any device not only XA2 ultra (L3 have fatal screen and software issues and still do not care after 6 months of being on the market worldwide). 

Anyway because I also use XA2 ultra dual the issues I still can relate like the user above, for android 9 still are:

1. Rebooting from time to time without having no heavy memory load. 
  2. Camera isn't upgraded at all. Sometimes using Force Hal1 by some third party app that in Android 8 was not, to have an exif record of an ZTE Chinese model. Is Sony using ZTE’s processing? Are you being able to send this from a die hard fan using third parties for a Sony bad stock camera XA2ultra? Huh? If yes: DO IT PLEASE!
  3. Front wide stock camera on HDR mode is freezing when taking pictures and its quality it’s awful.
  4. Auto brightness have errors. It doesn’t remember brightness when is on adaptive mode abd always get itself on lowest.
  5. Still 4g is still weak.
  6. It doesn’t record calls and even Google did it wrong Sony could keep it by a special update. It didn’t and you as an admin should have send this request. Who will be buying a phone that can’t have capabilities for small requests?

And these are a few left issue by the andoid 8 latest update. The only good and stable issues solved is the fingerprint sensor that now is working way better and gives no touch skip.

How can you imagine a device like this will be bought anymore? How can I recommend Xperia when its care admins are smoking weed and pretending everything is fine? Get real dudes! You have killed Sony Xperia with your insolence! Hope you are happy!