account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Screen is fozen after locking

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Screen is fozen after locking

Hello, I bought my Xperia Xa2 Ultra just over a month ago and the phone is virtually unusable. To turn the phone on I have to do a reset holding down the power and volume button. After I turn it on using this hard reset, if I push the "lock screen" button I can not unlock the phone, the screen stays black. To make the phone usable I have to do the "hard restart" again. Basically anytime I lock the phone I can't get back into it because the screen stays dark. I have tried letting the battery die, doing a factory reset, removing the SIM card, and nothing works. My OS is also up to date. Looks like I will be phoneless for multiple weeks while I send it in. 

1 REPLY 1
One time poster
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Screen is fozen after locking

Same issue here. Restart, reset, software repair and updated to current.

Also tried the double tap power for camera, camera button shortcut & fingerprint sensor. Phone just vibes.