account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My Device keep on Shutdown by itself!

Enthusiast
Message 21 of 26
Message 21 of 26

Re: My Device keep on Shutdown by itself!

Can you confirm this from the repair center with any documentation that you can show everyone?

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 26
Message 22 of 26

Has anyone from Sony ever addressed this particular issue or gone out of their way to read the form information in regards to this because I feel that this is a priority that needs to be taken care of?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 23 of 26
Message 23 of 26

Hello everyone and I'm sorry for the late reply. I have been out of office due to vacation.

@Paulchen5668, I'm sorry to hear that you experienced this behaviour, however I'm very glad to hear that everything is working now after the main board was replaced at the service centre.

Let me know if you should start to experience this again, or if you have any other questions!

@HRJ86, sorry to hear that you are experiencing this behaviour. Slightly frowning Face

It's a bit tricky when a device is restarting as this can be caused by for example, a defect SIM card (the device will restart when the contact is lost with the SIM card), a defect SD card, a third party application, software and hardware faults, so the troubleshooting is quite long and it will take some time to see what the exact cause is.

I can see that you have already tried with a different SIM and SD card, so the next step is too see if a third party application is the cause of this. There is a mode in the device called safe mode, where only the pre-installed applications are loaded, so we can see if any of them is the cause of this.

@CNCGURU, sorry to hear about your experience with your new device. Slightly frowning Face

Did everything work out with returning the device?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 24 of 26
Message 24 of 26

Well at this point I've believe i found the root of this issue which was my previous Samsung 128GB SD card. So far from swapping out that one time my original Samsung 32GB there hasn't been any random crashes, or phone shutting off, so far. It's been just about a full week so it's pretty much determined at this point. But even if this isn't the case for other individuals, this issue should still be addressed with Sony to correct it in an update because for a phone that just about a year old now I find the lack of interest in addressing these type of issues with other individuals on here unprofessional. It finally took somebody long enough to respond back accordingly about this but yet it's the same cut copy paste response? Let's be realistic on the matter.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 25 of 26
Message 25 of 26

Hi again @HRJ86!

Thank you so much for this information and as I wrote earlier, a defect SD card can cause this kind of behaviour and that seems to have been true in your case.

Regarding the lack of interest in solving this, I have replied to everyone that has posted in this thread, however not everyone has gotten back to me so I can't say for sure that the troubleshooting has helped. In your case it was a defect SD card that was the cause of this and in the case with @Paulchen5668 it was caused by the main board in the device, which has now been replaced and hopefully his/hers device is working just fine now.

If the troubleshooting provided is not helping, I will of course take the appropriate action.

Have a nice day!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 26 of 26
Message 26 of 26

All I'm saying is the overall lack of support or interest from Sony is pretty unjustifiable. This could be a simple fix to some, maybe not to others, but if this is widespread as it seems to be with others as I read on different threads in regards to the same exact issue it needs to be addressed! Not just by a single individual responding back and forth to other peoples comments on here, but from Sony itself!