account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Magnetic lock

Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Magnetic lock

Good day guys

I need your assistance. I was doing deep research about how can I disable the magnetic lock of the phone (the one that makes the flip cover turn the screen off) 

Anyone knows if such setting option even exists ?

The reason why I need that is because my VR device has some magnets and turns my phone off 😥

6 REPLIES 6
Genius
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Magnetic lock

@Agushernandezz as far as I can tell there is no internal phone setting unless you possibly root the device & dig deep but don't recommend that for obvious reasons.

Instead try looking at the actual cover....my instincts would be to try experimenting on a way to cover/block the actual magnet strip, I'm sure there is something that could enable this 🤔

Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

@dandy63 thanks for the reply!

My problem is with a VR that contains some magnets to hold the phone. Thinks that is a disfunction of the device as most of the phones will come up with this problem.

I will remove them and try to replace with another system.

Thanks again!

Agustin 

Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@Agushernandezz

Since this phone it's compatible with a smartcover it might not be possible. I'll see if I can find something

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@uliwoolywrote:

@Agushernandezz

Since this phone it's compatible with a smartcover it might not be possible. I'll see if I can find something

Oki Slightly smiling Face Thanks for that !

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I have the same issue but a magnetic mount in the car. Everyone I get it near the back the screen cuts off. Every phone I ever had, had a disable cover lock screen. Did you find a solution? 

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Is it something to do with the cover selection menu under display-interaction style cover/opaque flap/none?