account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Is there a night mode like iphone?

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Is there a night mode like iphone?

Hi @Kayjohn300, welcome to our forum!

I'm afraid that the Xperia XA2 Ultra does not have a night mode / night light, the only devices that has this feature is the Xperia XZ2 and Xperia XZ2 Compact.

It is possible to use a third party application to achieve a night mode/light effect, so I recommend that you take a look in the Google Play store and see if there are any applications that can enable this for you.

I hope that answers your question. Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

6 REPLIES 6
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi @Kayjohn300, welcome to our forum!

I'm afraid that the Xperia XA2 Ultra does not have a night mode / night light, the only devices that has this feature is the Xperia XZ2 and Xperia XZ2 Compact.

It is possible to use a third party application to achieve a night mode/light effect, so I recommend that you take a look in the Google Play store and see if there are any applications that can enable this for you.

I hope that answers your question. Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Night mode coming with future updates? Any ideas?

I have a XA2 Ultra and didn't find any Night Mode feature. Any ideas or info if it's coming with future updates? 

Such a great feature to have as well as double tap to wake. Have no idea why Sony decided to remove double tap to wake feature. 

One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

This is so frusterating.  I realize it is not Sony's fault that Google made the newer versions of Android require drivers to manage night mode starting in version 8, but only making it available on the flagship phones.  Not that I would mind buying a flagship phone, but I'm not made of money.

I really like Sony stuff and buy it where I can.  I have a Sony TV, PS3, PS4, car and home stereos.  I was thinking to get another Sony phone, but I'm in the budget market where phones are concerned.

The lack of porting the night mode feature from Android 7 to 8 for the phones that rely on a software implentation is a deal breaker.  I came to this forum becuase I wanted to express my dissapointment in a company I am loyal to and care greatly about, and to share that I will be buying a Moto G5s Plus or Moto X4 because they meet my requirements (the XA2 Ultra exceeds them), and they support a night mode feature which is very important to my eye health.

Thanks for listening,

Bob

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi @twopoint71, welcome to our forum and I'm glad to hear that you have a lot of Sony devices! Slightly smiling Face

I totally understand what you mean and I understand that you are choosing a different brand based on that some functions that is a deal breaker for you is not available in all our devices. I don't know how good third party applications are, but they are probably not as good as a real night mode in the device.

I'll make sure to forward your feedback internally, but for now the only devices that supports this are, Xperia XZ3, Xperia XZ2 Premium, Xperia XZ2 and Xperia XZ2 Compact.

Thank you so much for your feedback and have an awesome day! Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I use the app “Night Shift” and have no complaints so far

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Ruha666, thank you so much for the suggestion! Slightly smiling Face

Have an awesome day!