account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

I don't need the automatic volume limiter. Really.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

I don't need the automatic volume limiter. Really.

Another finicky problem: every so often, without warning, my phone does that "Ooh, we're going to knock your volume down several notches to remind you to protect your ears" thing. I mostly listen to my phone's media through speakers whose volume is already turned very low, but the phone does not detect this.

Why, you may ask, don't I just keep the media volume low? Because I want to be able to hear my phone ring, or ping for a notification, even if I'm someplace noisy. And I'd really rather not have to keep fiddling with my volume controls to avoid the "pleasant music SUDDEN LOUD PING OVER SPEAKERS" problem.

Is there some way of telling Android "Look, thank you for your concern, but I know what I'm doing so knock it off"?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: I don't need the automatic volume limiter. Really.

@ShifterCat the loud music reminder is there because of European Union regulations regarding safe volume levels, and there's no way to disable it.