account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

How to view push messages while screen is turned off or locked?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

How to view push messages while screen is turned off or locked?

On my Windows Phone, each incoming message was shown for some seconds and a tone was played or the vibration appeared. 

How can I setup this behaviour with Android 8 on XA2 ultra? 

Thanx for any ideal!!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: How to view push messages while screen is turned off or locked?

@DerST1to expand on what @uliwooly said - you can either use an app that wakes the screen when a notification arrives (like Glimpse), or - if you just want that behaviour for SMS - you can use a third party SMS app. I know for sure that Pulse SMS has a setting to wake the screen when a text arrives.

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

@DerST1

You will need a notification app to do so .

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@DerST1to expand on what @uliwooly said - you can either use an app that wakes the screen when a notification arrives (like Glimpse), or - if you just want that behaviour for SMS - you can use a third party SMS app. I know for sure that Pulse SMS has a setting to wake the screen when a text arrives.

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Thank you very much for your hint!
I first tried "Heads up" and "Always on Display". But here I had the effect, that "Home" override the appearance and that messages only appeared, when I turned the phone off actively by pressing the on/off-button.
No I tried Glimpse and in addition to this, I deactivated "Home" to handle notfications. (Apps & Notifications > Enhanced > Special App Access > Notifications Access)
Now it works...