account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

How to move app to SD card Sony XA2 ultra

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 21 of 26
Message 21 of 26

Re: How to move app to SD card Sony XA2 ultra

How to move apps to SD memory?

Cómo mover apps a la memoria SD?

@Mane2 

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 22 of 26
Message 22 of 26

Hi @Mane2, welcome to our forum!

The Xperia XA2 Ultra does not support moving applications to the SD card, however some applications may be able to save data to the SD card, such as downloaded movies/TV-shows, offline playlists and so forth.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 23 of 26
Message 23 of 26

There are high speed, high quality, pro SD cards thattwere designed for 4K action cameras and the like so that excuse doesn't cut it. The customer should be able to choice whether they'd like to be able to move apps or not.

I suppose they're doing this because one doesn't need a needle or pin to remove the SD card. This would make more sense. Not what you're saying. 

I agree with the others. This is a deal breaker. Although the device does have impressive features all that it cancelled out by wasting the customers time deleting apps and media. 

At least give those of us who don't mind loosing or SD cards a choice of using the SD card as primary storage or not. It would be great if Sony includes this on the next update

Learner
Message 24 of 26
Message 24 of 26

Re: XA2 ULTRA has on screen an icon with the 2 Sim card is it normal ;

Can the users who do not value security and privacy opt to install a non-secure android version that allows this at least?

They will agree that they're aware that it is not secure to install such a version and have a choice in proceeding or declining? If not... Are there any 3rd party apps we can use to carry out this significant operation?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 25 of 26
Message 25 of 26

Hi @Sizwesakhe,

I understand and I only communicated the information that I have available regarding this. I would be very happy if I could move all my apps to an SD card to save space on the internal storage.

On this part of the forum we only support the official software, but you can of course have a look at the developer part of the forum and see if they can assist you with the question regarding running another Android "version". You can find the developer site on the link below.

developer.sonymobile.com

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 26 of 26
Message 26 of 26

Hi, my phone is a 32gig internal storage, games in this day and age are getting extremely big and I have 6 gamEs installed and I'm at 96% space usage. I think the option to move stuff to a memory card should be on the user,not the manufacturer or software manufacturers etc. It's poor design and we are now forced to buy a phone with more memory? Taking the control away from devices we purchase is not fair on a consumer/customer, this should be fixed and tell us the risks and then give us the option