account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to move app to SD card Sony XA2 ultra

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 11 of 22
Message 11 of 22

Re: How to move app to SD card Sony XA2 ultra

Can you please find a way to merge the micro SD card to our phone I want to be able to move my applications to my external storage than have it taking my phone storage I don't find it fair I used to have a m4 aqua and it did it fine and I speak behalf of almost everyone who is having the same problem

One time poster
Message 12 of 22
Message 12 of 22

How can I move applications to the sd card?

Cómo puedo mover aplicaciones a la tarjeta sd.. . No me deja por nada del mundo . Ayuda x favor 😐😥

How can I move applications to the sd card? He does not leave me for anything in the world. Help please 😐😥

gt

Learner
Message 13 of 22
Message 13 of 22

I can't move apps to SD card

hello anyone know how can I move apps from phone memory to sd card XA2 ULTRA

Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 22
Message 14 of 22

Re: I can't move apps to SD card

Hi @KoStas_1971, welcome to our community!

The Xperia XA2 Ultra does not support moving applications to an SD card, that is why you can't find the option in your device. You can however store, photos, video and local music files on the SD card and some application support saving data to the SD card, such as maps, offline play list and so forth.

I hope that answers your question!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 22
Message 15 of 22

Re: How can I move applications to the sd card?

Hi @Stev04, welcome to our forum!

I have translated your question to English as this is an International forum.

The Xperia XA2 Ultra does not support moving applications to an SD card, but if you take a look at my previous reply in this thread, some applications may be able to save data to the SD card.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 16 of 22
Message 16 of 22

XA2 ULTRA has on screen an icon with the 2 Sim card is it normal ;

hey friend u know why my phone has an icon up in the screen showing 2 Sim cards and it doesn't go off (phone is XA2 ULTRA) i mean is it normal ;

Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 22
Message 17 of 22

Re: XA2 ULTRA has on screen an icon with the 2 Sim card is it normal ;

Hi @KoStas_1971!

Are the icons to the left or right in the status bar? Icons to the right are system icons and on the left you will mostly see notifications icons and so forth.

You can take a look at the link below and see if you are able to find the icons in the list, and you can also get back to me with a screenshot of the status bar. To take a screenshot, hold the power button pressed and then tap on "Take screenshot".

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxa2ultra/userguide/icons-in-the-status-bar/

Let me know if that helps!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 18 of 22
Message 18 of 22

Hello again everyone!

In regards to why this feature is no longer available, please see the information below.

Google stopped providing the possibility to move apps to an SD card to secure the security and the privacy in Android 6. This feature was removed from Android, but we continued to support it further for some time. However, we decided not to keep our solution to move apps to an SD card for users security and privacy.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 19 of 22
Message 19 of 22

I understand that explanation unfortunately the reasoning simply means you produced and sold a poorly developed product. For most people this phone appeared as your flagship device and being so that means it was built to display the best you had to offer with future/forethought in mind. What we got was a Premature *Jackulated phone product that much like it's tech predecessor laptop is soon to be a laughing stock fossil that thought it could last in the tech market by boasting good looks with rotten guts. I'm returning this trash today. Everyone else who is in this thread should do the same. The only vote that matters in this monotary world is the money you are willing to pay for a product, service, or function. If Sony really cared about the customer they would have offered a higher memory phone replacement as soon as the news dropped about app storage. This is like Chevy and the faulty ignition, and the company with the faulty airbags... These companies make profits for shareholders and couldn't give a a proper thought to reimbursing those who have already spent their money on a busted brainfart of a product. #sadbuttrue BTW Sony, This post will stand until you offer a better product or responsable replacement. Consumers beware your dollars can be #likewaterforgremlins #Cadillac Cimarron

Sony Xperia Support
Message 20 of 22
Message 20 of 22

Hi @SAMSAS, sorry to hear that you feel that way.

The Xperia XA2 Ultra is a mid range device, but this feature is not supported in our flagships either, due to the same reason as for the other devices that does not support it, due to security and privacy.

I'm not quite sure what you mean with that the news dropped, we have never said that the Xperia XA2-series has supported this feature. I can understand if it was supported and it was removed, but that is not the case here.

If you want to have your device replaced or returned, this is a discussion that you will need to have with your retailer or your Local support team as this not something that I can assist you with here at our Global user based forum.