account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to move app to SD card Sony XA2 ultra

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 25
Message 1 of 25

How to move app to SD card Sony XA2 ultra

As topic

how to move the app to SD card

the change button is missing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 18 of 25
Message 18 of 25

Re: XA2 ULTRA has on screen an icon with the 2 Sim card is it normal ;

Hello again everyone!

In regards to why this feature is no longer available, please see the information below.

Google stopped providing the possibility to move apps to an SD card to secure the security and the privacy in Android 6. This feature was removed from Android, but we continued to support it further for some time. However, we decided not to keep our solution to move apps to an SD card for users security and privacy.

I hope that answers your question!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
Message 2 of 25

Re: How to move app to SD card Sony XA2 ultra

@Gwan00707I've forwarded your question to get some information about that.

One time poster
Message 3 of 25
Message 3 of 25

Hi I have been trying to move apps to the sd card.  But,  it still not working. Help me please. Thanks 

Pioneer
Message 4 of 25
Message 4 of 25

Have you tried apps2sd from the play store?

I know it's true because I made it up myself...
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 5 of 25
Message 5 of 25

You can't! SONY SHOULD OF GAVE US ADOPTABKE STORAGE!!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 25
Message 6 of 25

Hi @Gwan00707, I apologize for the late reply to your question.

I'm afraid that the Xperia XA2-series do not support moving applications to your SD card. That is why you can't find the change button.

You can however save data from applications on the SD card, such as offline play lists, offline maps and so forth. This varies from application to application though!

@GadgetBeard, the feature to format your SD card as internal storage was not added to Xperia devices due to it affecting impacted software encoding and quality.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 7 of 25
Message 7 of 25

What kind of modern android phone running version 8.0 doesnt support moving apps to the sd card. If I would have known this beforehand I would not have bought my xa2 utra, considering it only has 32GB stroage with no larger storage purchase option.

One time poster
Message 8 of 25
Message 8 of 25

Sony are the worst phones for this. Other phones running the same software manage it ok. What i do is uninstall apps that I'm not using often then when I want it again I redownload it and just sign in with Google and it always puts me to the previous point of the game where I was. 

One time poster
Message 9 of 25
Message 9 of 25

Thats dissapointing, why not? Why? Really. Other phones do it easily, and many apss are very hevy, and its use make cache files very heave.

Thats make this phone less better and very bad sorry. If I knew it I would buy something with simialr price. I wont buy a Sony never again.

Message 10 of 25
Message 10 of 25

@Dependesimply put, for performance reasons. apps put on SD card load slower than when installed in the internal storage. it also requires a lot of reading and writing into the card, which increases the wear and may cause the card to die quicker.