account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

How to double tap to sleep xa2ultra

Inhabitant
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: Double tap to wake and sleep screen

IMG-92765d4ac646ef6c0c38ed55033b1780-V.jpg

How  I can wake up this phone in my car holder?

No pawer button visible, no finger . 

Is it safe every time I drive to remove it from the holder?
Apprentice
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

Re: How to double tap to sleep xa2ultra

Not only is it helpful it prevents premature failure of the buttons. In my previous phone I just picked it up or waved my hand over the screen to make it light up. I twisted my wrist to activate the camera when it was locked. When I push the button twice for the camera, it doesn't work more often than it does and I miss the photo opportunity by the time I can get the camera to work. This is a big issue for my job duties and is really frustrating.

One time poster
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

Please...have it fixed for XA2 as well...

Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

@Baltojo in order to quickly launch camera, you can always press and hold the camera button. it always works, even when the display is off.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

Hello everyone, sorry for the late reply!

@Pepinov, if you are able to access the fingerprint on the back of your device, you can hold your finger there and the device will unlock and the screen will turn on. I would however not recommend using your device while driving.

@Baltojo, as @najodleglejszy mentioned, try holding the camera button pressed for a short or tap it once then tap it again for a photo to be taken, depending on how you set the button up.

If you want to take a photo directly, open up the Camera application > cogwheel > More > Quick launch, choose the action you want to perform.

@KikaPochemuchka, I'll make sure to forward your feedback internally and the feedback from the other users as well! Slightly smiling Face

Have a great day everyone!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

Great solution, always stop the car to call. 

This is another step back in line my old sony z3. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

@Pepinov, it wasn't meant to be a solution, just a recommendation. I'm not sure about your country, but in the region (the Nordics) where I'm situated it's against the law to use your device while driving.

Have you checked if there is another car holder available for your device that does not cover the fingerprint sensor? That could also work.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

Sony please new tricks for mobile (knok knok)

For ME The knok knok (LG. Xiaomi) îs very ok în my New Phone Sony y not have this knok knok and more tricks 

Visitor
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

Double tap to wake xperia XA2 ultra

Como y donde encuentro el bloqueo y desbloqueo de pantalla con 2 toques en mi Sony xperia 2 ultra H 32.

Soy usuaria de Sony en varios productos y compré mi teléfono celular Sony teniendo conocimiento de la herramienta double tap pero no la encuentro en la configuración de pantalla. 

Gracias .

How and where I find the lock and unlock screen with 2 taps on my Sony xperia 2 ultra H 32.

I am a Sony user in several products and I bought my Sony cell phone knowing the double tap tool but I can not find it in the screen configuration.

Thank you

gt

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

Re: Double tap to wake xperia XA2 ultra

Hi @Rocío10, welcome to our forum!

Your question has been translated to English as this is an International forum, please post any replies in English and it will be easier for me and other users to assist you.

The option to wake your screen by double tapping it is not available in the Xperia XA2 Ultra, that is why you have no been able to find it in the screen settings.

I hope that answers your question!